MYM SOLICITORS IN SLOUGH
(VAT is 20%)
If you are to be disqualified due to any driving offense please contact us.
We can agree to charge fixed fees but can also agree to work on an hourly rate basis; we are able to provide average costs that you can incur during your matter. Below is an estimate of costs as a guide only, but we can give an accurate cost assessment once we have full details of your matter: -
Speeding Offences ( Guilty Plea)
• For written representation on a speeding offense, defense costs are between £250.00 and £500.00 excluding VAT.
• Representation for a guilty plea in Court will cost between £600.00 and £1200.00 excluding VAT.
Exceptional Hardship / Totting up Penalty Points (Guilty Plea)
• Representation costs are between £500.00 - £1000.00 excluding VAT.
Drink Driving / Drug Driving / Failing to Provide a Specimen
• Guilty Plea – £250.00 – £500.00 excluding VAT.
• Guilty Plea and Special Reasons - £750.00 – £1500.00 excluding VAT.
• Not Guilty Plea and trial – £1000.00 - £2500.00 excluding VAT.
What do these prices include?
Not Guilty Plea estimates based on first hearing and maximum one day trial
Estimates do not include additional disbursements such as travel costs and expert report fees (as mentioned above)
Any costs caused by adjournment,
Preparation or advice in respect of interim hearings,
Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal,
Work-related to any further case management hearings or pre-trial review,
Any interim applications to the court,
Any additional instructions from you or changes to instructions from you,
Any work caused by the delayed provision of information or instructions from you,
Any issues caused or raised by disclosure, the evidence, or CPS correspondence.
Guilty Plea prices include:
• Initial meeting to ascertain the facts of your case and take instructions.
• Any necessary correspondence and contact with your lawyer.
• Reviewing evidence necessary to your particular case
• Advice regarding the case, the Court process (if necessary), and what to expect
• Meeting at court prior to the hearing
• Representation in a Court hearing
• Any necessary advice & assistance post-hearing
How long will it take?
For guilty plea cases, this will depend on the court date for the final hearing. For not guilty pleas the average timespan is 3- 6 months.
Each case is individual and we can give you an indication of this during an initial consultation.
Who will carry out the work?
Director assisted by Solicitor
Solicitor/Director assisted by a Trainee Solicitors or a Paralegal
The cases are handled by Solicitor Jovanda Guri who enjoys greatly assisting clients. She is assisted by Paralegals.
All work is supervised by a senior Director, who retains ultimate responsibility and conduct of matters
Senior Director (4+ years) - £220 - £290 plus VAT
Director or Solicitor (2+ years) - £170 - £240 plus VAT
Paralegals/Trainee Solicitor - £130 plus VAT
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Barrister fees, Expert, or a translator. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Our clients are responsible for expenses to be incurred on their matter. These expenses are separate from our own costs and are payable in addition. Depending upon the nature of your matter we will explain to you what those expenses are.
Some other examples of disbursements are (but are not limited to) the following:
Barrister or Counsel fees to obtain a legal opinion and or to represent the hearing usually costs between £500.00 to £1500.00 plus Vat. A quotation can be provided upon request.
Interpreters fees are usually £30.00 plus Vat per hour. Where applicable. A quotation can be provided upon request.
Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts usually cost between £500.000 to £1500.00 plus Vat. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
Value Added Tax (VAT):
Our costs are subject to VAT. Where an expert is registered for VAT purposes their fee would be subject to VAT. VAT amount at present is 20% of the quoted fee.